Spring has nearly sprung but watch out as daffodils, if eaten, are poisonous to dogs!

th (3)

All parts of the daffodil plant (a member of the lily family) are toxic, especially the bulb which can prove fatal if eaten.

If your dog eats or chews the bulbs, leaves, flowers, or even drinks the water these flowers stand in, they can develop signs of poisoning. As most dog owners are unaware of the potential danger, incidents of daffodil poisoning peak around Easter.

The lethal dose can be as low as 15g of bulbs – as little as one bulb!

Symptoms of poisoning

Diarrhoea, vomiting, staggering, collapse, unconsciousness and in severe cases coma and could die within few hours.

Call your vet immediately if you think your dog has eaten any toxic plant, flower, or any toxic item.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *